Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Parents' Night Preparation


Parents' Night went pretty well this year.  I told my partner teacher, "I'm pretty average in terms of my nerves."  And the only real complaints I got were not my department (more of a cafeteria lunch issue).  The night itself was not the noteworthy part of my day.

It was about an hour before dinner.  Most of us stay at school to finish preparing and order takeout.  I realized I needed a note about needed supplies so I was printing out a packet of pre-made notes I bought from Teachers Pay Teachers (I'll find a link later).  My former partner teacher, who I rarely see now since we're on different floors, came in to the computer room and asked if there were any copies that came through.

I sifted through my pile of little kid looking pages, {"I lost a tooth today"} and see my old "Parents of Successful Fourth Graders" note.  I hand it to him and turn a few more pages.  {School Spirit Week is this week}.  Then I see my "Suggested Materials for Fourth Grade" note.  I repeated this process, pulling out page after old fourth grade page until I got to the end.  All the templates I made and used to use, but with his name on them.

Yes, there was a twinge of jealousy.  But I felt proud, too.  I Emailed him those pages when he was hired 3 years ago, and he still finds them useful.  And I feel lucky, because my new partner teacher Emailed me her Parent's Night forms, so it's not like I was really put out in that regard.  I received the same help I gave out 3 years ago.

I know that with my TPT store, the same thing happens every day.  Items I made are being used by other teachers while this year I won't be able to use any of it with my first graders.  But getting a "Product Sold" Email and transaction receipt is a very different feeling to physically handing over one page at a time.

It was weird.  But not bad.  It was actually kind of okay.

I think that whole, "You'll adjust" promise everyone made me might be coming true.

This is meant to be hidden code:
Follow my blog with Bloglovin



My Teachers Pay Teachers Store
My Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment