Thursday, October 2, 2014

Missing My Former Fourth Graders

I was having a hard day this week, and walked my class back to class from music.  The quickest route is to cut through the cafeteria.  A handful of my former fourth graders were rushing around the cafe excitedly because they were starting their first ever band practice (I remember those days from when I was in fifth grade!). 

One of them called across the room, "Wow Mrs. Thomas, it looks like you have a really bright group of kids this year!"

Teared right up.

This week was also the first time one of my current students asked me why I moved from fourth to first grade.  I had my answer ready, "Sometimes change is good."  Didn't have to lie, didn't have to admit that I did NOT think this particular change was good, hah.  I figured if anyone would ask me it would be him, too.  I taught his brother just last year.  Both boys were confused when they saw I'd be his teacher; the old one thought the little one was accidentally put into fourth grade.  :) 

My Teachers Pay Teachers Store
My Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment