Sunday, July 6, 2014

Starting First Grade Pinterest Boards


Because I'm a teacher in transition (moving from fourth to first) I started "secret folders" on my old Pinterest for my first grade finds.  I didn't want my followers' feeds to get cluttered with them, since of course they are interested in fourth grade materials.

However, since I have made this new Google account, blogger account, and TPT account, I started a new pinterest account as well.

I am debating whether to have monthly boards (probably) or thematic boards.  Maybe it would help me stay organized to name them with both, such as "September:  Apples."  Any suggestions?

[Update]  I decided that the best way to go is to name the boards by month and topic (our "themes" are really topics).  So far I like how it's organized.  I can for see looking for all my September stuff first, then moving on to the next month as the year progresses.  I've found a fantastic kindergarten board to follow:  http://www.pinterest.com/jeanniepartin/ which is perfect to start.  So they're starting to fill!  If you have a first grade Pinterest board, or can recommend someone else's, please leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment